Welcome To The HP Foundation Website
Welcome to the HP Foundation (the “HP Foundation” or the “Foundation” or “Our” or “We” or “Us”) website – and thank You for visiting, We hope You enjoy the experience!
READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE BROWSING THIS WEBSITE. USING THIS WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE BOTH READ AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS. YOU CANNOT USE THIS WEBSITE IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
Accessing This Website
When You access This Website, You are responsible for complying with These Terms as well as any and all use of This Website through any account that You may set up through or on This Website; some Materials will only be available to You if You have an account. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information for so long as You use This Website. Because it is Your account, it is Your responsibility to obtain and maintain all equipment, services and software needed for access to and use of This Website as well as paying related charges. It is also Your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of Your password(s). Should You believe Your password or other security information for This Website has been breached in any way, You must immediately notify Us.
Sometimes, We collect certain personal information about You solely in connection with Your access and use of This Website. HP’s use of that information is governed by the provisions of the HP Online Privacy Statement.
We reserve the right to require that You change Your password or restrict Your access to This Website as We deem reasonably necessary.
Your Permitted Use of This Website
You are invited to use This Website for Your own personal, lawful, non-commercial use and business purposes where you are purchasing HP’s products and services for use in your business (“Permitted Uses”).
We hereby grant You a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display the Materials. Your right to use the Materials is conditioned on Your compliance with These Terms. You have no other rights in This Website or any Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of This Website or Materials in any manner.
If you make copies of any of This Website while engaging in Permitted Uses we require that You please keep all of HP’s copyright and other proprietary notices as they appear on This Website.
Unauthorized Use of This Website, Acceptable Use Policy
We authorize Your limited use of This Website. Any other use of This Website beyond the Permitted Uses is prohibited and, therefore, constitutes unauthorized use of This Website. This is because all rights in This Website remain the property of HP.
Unauthorized use of This Website may result in violation of various United States and international copyright laws. We do not want that to happen and, therefore, We have given You examples of things to avoid in Our Acceptable Use Policy found here: HP Acceptable Use Policy. You must follow HP’s Acceptable Use Policy whenever you use This Website or any services offered from This Website.
Terminating Your Use of This Website
We or You may terminate Your use of This Website at any time. Your use of This Website will automatically terminate in the event You breach any of These Terms. To clarify:
- Unless We otherwise agree with You in writing, We may terminate, suspend, or modify Your registration with, or access to, all or part of This Website, without notice, at any time and for any reason.
- You may discontinue Your access to and use of This Website at any time. In the event of an automatic termination for breach, You must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials (and any copies thereof).
Inactive Account Policy
An account is considered inactive if you have not logged in for two years. Once your account falls within inactive status, you will receive an email notifying you that your HP LIFE account will be deleted within 14 days. If you do not log back in to your HP LIFE account within that 14-day period, your account will be permanently deleted and your Certificate(s) of Completion and course history will no longer exist and cannot be retrieved.
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE IS WITH YOU.
HP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY) WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE, WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
THIS MEANS THAT HP DOES NOT PROMISE YOU THAT THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF PROBLEMS. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, HP makes no warranty that This Website will meet your requirements or that This Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free or that defects in This Website will be corrected. HP makes no warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of This Website or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through This Website. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through This Website or from HP or other affiliated companies, or its or their suppliers (or the respective officers, directors, employees, or agents of any such entities) (collectively, “The HP Parties”) shall create any warranty. HP disclaims all equitable indemnities.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE HP PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR (B) DAMAGES THAT ARE MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES (US$100.00) DOLLARS IN TOTAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE), WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND EVEN IF ANY HP PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED (OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN) OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS: Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain damages. Therefore, some of the above disclaimers and limitations of liability may not apply to You. To the extent The HP Parties may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the amount of The HP Party’s liability shall be limited to the minimum amount permitted under such applicable law.
Exclusions and limitations
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations of liability may not apply to you. To the extent that any HP Party may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of the HP Party’s liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
Other Agreements; Software, Services or Access
HP may provide products (such as hardware or software), services (such as software subscription services, hardware maintenance or repair or software maintenance, installation, or training) or access via This Website under the terms of a separate agreement between You and HP, such as a license agreement or separate terms of sale and warranty terms (each, an “Other Agreement”). HP’s obligations regarding any product, service, or access that it makes available to You under any Other Agreement shall be governed solely by the Other Agreement under which such product, service or access is provided and These Terms shall not be deemed or construed to alter the terms of any such Other Agreement. If there is an inconsistency between These Terms and any Other Agreement, the Other Agreement will control.
For example, the use of any software that is made available to download from the HP Websites (“Software”) is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, that accompanies or is included with the Software (“License Agreement”). You may not install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a License Agreement unless You first have agreed to the License Agreement. If there is no License Agreement, then These Terms will govern Your use of that Software.
HP May Modify This Website
HP reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue This Website at any time without notice to You. We would, however, like You to be aware of the following:
- HP may make changes to the This Website, or to the products, services and prices described in This Website, at any time without notice.
- This Website may be out of date and HP makes no commitment whatsoever to update This Website.
- Information published on This Website may refer to products, programs, or services that are not available in your country.
Your Submission(s) to This Website
Certain areas of This Website (e.g., chat rooms, review areas, community and support forums) may permit You to submit feedback, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials (each, a “User Submission”). You agree that You are solely responsible for all of your User Submissions and that any such User Submission is considered both non-confidential and non-proprietary. Further, HP does not guarantee that You will have any recourse through HP or any third party to edit or delete any User Submission You have submitted.
HP reserves the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Submissions at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we elect to screen User Submissions, there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for review. If we have questions about your User Submissions, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Submissions.
By submitting any User Submission, You represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 16 years old;
- You own all rights in Your User Submissions (including, without limitation, all rights to the audio, video, or digital recording and the performance contained in your User Submissions) or, alternatively, You have acquired all necessary rights in Your User Submissions to enable You to grant to HP the rights in Your User Submissions as described in These Terms;
- You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of your User Submissions;
- You are the individual pictured and/or heard in Your User Submissions or, alternatively, You have obtained permission from each person (including consent from parents or guardians for any individual under the age of eighteen (18)) who appears and/or is heard in Your User Submissions to grant the rights to HP as described in These Terms;
- Your User Submissions do not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have in your User Submission;
- Any information contained in your User Submission is not known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Your User Submission does not violate any Law (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- Your User Submission is not, and may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your User Submission;
- Your User Submission does not incorporate materials from a third-party web site, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than your own);
- Your User Submission does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other potentially damaging programs or files;
- Your User Submission does not contain any information that you consider confidential, proprietary, or personal; and
- Your User Submission does not contain or constitute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
By submitting a User Submission, You grant to HP an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide, royalty-free license (sublicensable through multiple tiers) to:
- Use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display Your User Submissions (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed;
- Use, (and permit others to use) Your User Submission in any manner and for any purpose (including, without limitation, commercial purposes) that HP deems appropriate in its sole discretion (including, without limitation, to incorporate Your User Submission or any modification thereto, in whole or in part, into any technology, product, or service);
- Display advertisements in connection with Your User Submissions and to use Your User Submissions for advertising and promotional purposes.
HP may, but is not obligated to, pre-screen User Submissions or monitor any area of This Website through which User Submissions may be submitted. HP is not required to host, display, or distribute any User Submissions on or through This Website and may remove at any time or refuse any User Submissions for any reason. HP is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of any kind to any User Submissions. Further, You agree that HP may freely disclose your User Submission to any third party absent any obligation of confidence on the part of the recipient
Intellectual Property Rights
HP respects the intellectual property rights of others, and We ask You to do the same. HP may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to This Webite for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If You believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on this Website, please let Us know by following the procedures found here Claims of Infringement on HP Websites.
Links To Third-Party Websites
We think links are convenient, and so We have provided links on This Website to third-party websites. If You use these links, You will leave This Website. HP is not obligated to review any third-party websites that You link to from This Website, does not control any of the third-party websites, and is not responsible for any of the third-party websites (or the products, services, or content available through any of them). Thus, HP does not endorse or make any representations about such third-party websites, any information, software, products, services, or materials found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. If You decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from This Website, You do so entirely at Your own risk and You shall be deemed subject to the privacy policies and terms and conditions for those third-party websites; These Terms are not applicable to Your use of any such third-party websites.
Linking To This Website
Again, because We think links are convenient, We allow You to create links to This Website from other websites. Unless an express agreement states otherwise, You must comply with the following terms and all applicable laws if You provide anyone with a link to This Website:
- You may link to, but may not copy, any Materials;
- You may only use and reproduce an HP logo or trademark if You follow our trademark and logo usage policy found here.
- You shall not create a browser or border environment around any Materials;
- You shall not imply that HP endorses or is affiliated with any such website that links to This Website or any products, services, or content available through that website;
- You shall not misrepresent Your relationship with HP;
- You shall not present false or misleading information about HP, its products, or its services;
- The website that links to This Website shall not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive, or controversial; and
- The website that links to This Website shall contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.
HP Inc. has rights in the registered trademarks, HP and the HP Logo (shown below), as well as other registered and unregistered trademarks.
You may use HP trademarks, in text, to refer fairly and accurately to HP, its products and its services, subject to the guidelines below.
The HP Logo is reserved for use by HP and those HP partners and licensees that have a written agreement with HP that specifically authorizes logo use. No other use of HP logos is permitted.
You may not use HP trademarks in a manner likely to mislead consumers as to your relationship with HP, as to HP’s sponsorship or endorsement of your company, products or services, or as to the origin of your products or services. Any use of HP trademarks that is likely to confuse or mislead the public is unlawful and expressly prohibited.
Trademark Use by Authorized HP Partners and Licensees
If you have an existing relationship with HP, please adhere to the specific trademark use guidelines and terms provided in your written agreement.
If you are an HP Partner First partner please refer to the following links for additional information, including trademark guidelines specific to your HP Partner First program:
HP Partner First program:http://www.hp.com/partners/us
If your existing agreement with HP authorizes you to display HP trademarks, but does not contain specific trademark use guidelines, please follow the trademark use guidelines on this page.
If you have questions you should contact your account representative or other HP business contact.
HP General Trademark Guidelines
The following general trademark guidelines are intended for use by companies who are authorized users of HP’s trademarks, including for example HP’s partners, licensees, alliances and authorized resellers under contract with HP.
- HP does not use or require the use of trademark symbols, legends or acknowledgements with HP trademarks, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- HP trademarks should be presented as adjectives modifying generic nouns; for example: HP computers, HP support services, LASERJET printers.
- Do not use variations, plural or possessive forms of HP trademarks.
- Do not use HP trademarks in a manner likely to mislead or confuse the public as to the origin of any goods or services, or as to sponsorship or endorsement by HP.
- Do not use HP trademarks to make false statements about HP or its products or services.
- Do not incorporate HP trademarks in your trade names, business names, product names, service names, social media user names, or domain names.
- Do not adopt or imitate HP’s distinctive product designs, product packaging, trade dress, advertising materials, slogans, taglines or website layouts.
- When referring to HP in formal documentation (i.e., annual reports, financial reports) the full name HP Inc. is preferred. In other contexts, HP is preferred.
Additional Guidelines for Authorized Users of the HP Logo
IMPORTANT: THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT AUTHORIZE LOGO USE. IN ORDER TO DISPLAY THE HP LOGO, A SEPARATE, WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH HP IS REQUIRED AND THE AGREEMENT MUST SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZE LOGO USE. SUCH AGREEMENTS ARE ONLY MADE AVAILABLE TO SELECT PARTNERS AND LICENSEES.
On white and clear background, Our preferred HP Logo is:
On color or dark backgrounds, Our preferred HP Logo is:
Our black and white logo should be used when full-color printing is not available:
Keep the logo clear of competing text, images and graphics by maintaining, at a minimum, a 20 percent circumference of clear space on all four sides of the logo:
The minimum size for print use of the HP Logo is 0.3; square or 7.62mm square:
The minimum size for digital use of the HP Logo is 30 x 30 pixels at 72dpi:
The HP Logo should not be altered in any way.
- Use the HP Logo other than in accordance with express, written authorization from HP;
- Apply reflections or gradients to the logo;
- Treat the logo as a dimensional object;
- Alter the shape of the logo;
- Skew or rotate the logo;
- Add a keyline to the logo;
- Separate the HP letter forms from the circle element of the logo;
- Apply color to the HP letter forms within the logo;
- Outline the logo;
- Change the colors of the logo;
- Animate the logo;
- Place type/text within the logo or its clear space; or
- Place an image within the logo.
THESE GUIDELINES MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF HP’S PARTNERS, LICENSEES, ALLIANCES AND AUTHORIZED RESELLERS TO REGULARLY CHECK THIS PAGE AS WELL AS CHECK WITH THEIR APPROPRIATE HP BUSINESS CONTACTS TO ENSURE CONTINUED COMPLIANCE WITH HP’S TRADEMARK USE GUIDELINES.
U.S. Government Restricted Rights
Any Materials that are downloaded by or on behalf of the United States of America, its agencies, and/or instrumentalities (“U.S. Government”), are subject to the provisions of FAR 12.211 – “Technical Data”, and FAR 12.212 – “Computer Software” , or to clauses providing HP equivalent protections in DFARS or other agency specific regulations.
International and Export Issues
HP administers This Website from its offices in Palo Alto, California. HP makes no representation that This Website is appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to This Website from territories where its contents are illegal or restricted is prohibited.
Access of This Website from outside the United States is done at Your own initiation and You are responsible for compliance with applicable Laws.
You agree to comply with all export and re-export restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce and any other United States or foreign agencies and authorities in connection with Your use of the HP Websites and to not, in violation of any Laws, transfer, or authorize the transfer, of any Materials to a prohibited country or otherwise in violation of any Laws. In particular, but without limitation, the Materials may not, in violation of any Laws, be exported or re-exported:
- Into any U.S. embargoed countries or
- To anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders or U.S. Department of Commerce Entity List of proliferation concern , or the US State Department Debarred Parties List
By using any Materials subject to any such restrictions and regulations, You represent and warrant that You are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The HP Parties from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from Your (or anyone using your account’s) violation of These Terms. HP reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by You and, in such case, You agree to cooperate with HP’s defense of such claim.
When you visit This Website or send e-mails to HP, You are communicating with HP electronically. We may respond to You by e-mail or by posting notices on This Website. You agree that all such notices, disclosures, and other communications that HP provides to You electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Unless otherwise specified in These Terms, all Materials, as well as the arrangement of them on This Website are Our sole property, Copyright © [dates of creation] HP Development Company, L.P.. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
Entire Agreement for Everyone
These Terms, together with any additional terms to which You agree when using particular elements of This Website, constitute the entire and exclusive and final statement of the agreement as between Everyone with respect to the subject matter hereof, superseding any prior agreements or negotiations between You and HP with respect to the same. The HP Parties are third-party beneficiaries with respect to the provisions in these Terms that reference them.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements made, entered into, and performed entirely in California by California residents, notwithstanding Your actual place of residence or business. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act shall not apply to these Terms. All lawsuits arising from or relating to These Terms or Your use of This Website shall be brought in the Federal or State courts located in Santa Clara County, California, and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for such purpose.
The failure of HP to exercise or enforce any right or provision of These Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of These Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, You nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intentions of HP and You as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of These Terms remain in full force and effect. The section titles in These Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. These Terms shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of Your use of This Website. These Terms will be interpreted without application of any strict construction in favor of or against You or HP. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by You, but may be assigned by HP without restriction.
California Consumer Notice
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: This Website is provided by HP. If you have a question or complaint regarding This Website, please contact Customer Service athttps://h41268.www4.hp.com/live/index.aspx?qid=17656. You may also contact us by writing HP Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 1501 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, California 94304 USA. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by post at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210 or Hearing Impaired at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
HP may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change These Terms (including any other documents that are referenced in or linked to from These Terms) from time to time. HP will post notice of such changes on This Website as applicable. If You object to any such changes, Your sole recourse shall be to cease using This Website. Continued use of This Website following notice of any such changes shall indicate Your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. Certain provisions of These Terms may be superseded by expressly-designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of This Website and, in such circumstances, the expressly-designated legal notice or term shall be deemed to be incorporated into These Terms and to supersede the provision(s) of These Terms that are designated as being superseded.